No announcement yet.

How`s this for an idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, It is possible to change how long it takes to improve or "mold" (so to speak) terrain.

Comment

I just thought I'd throw this out. I haven't been playing civII all that long and certainly don't have the expertise to create a scenario yet, but what you are describing sounds VERY similar to a board game called "Rail Barons". Check it out, there may be several things you may be able to adapt to your scenario. Things like "Hub" cities where multiple routes meet, or having to pay rivals to run your trains on their lines to get to your destination city for a contract, etc.
      -- Red Eyed Civer (Dooh! It's 4:30AM again!)

Comment

Just thought I`d return to this topic, seeing as I started it in the first place.

Howie, can`t say I`ve ever heard of Rail Barons, but then again I`m not American and the game is probably a US thing. The points you bring up are interesting.

There would certainly be Hub cities, as some cities would be more profitable and people would therefore want to build routes from it. Charging people to use your lines is a good idea, but it would be very tricky to simulate it using the CivII engine. However, seeing as it`s going to be multiplayer only, there would be all sorts of underhand and ruthless business tactics that the AI wouldn`t be able to manage!

"Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

FYI, "RailBaron" was an Avalon Hill game from a few years back. Many happy hours were spent playing it, "Kingmaker" and other AH titles in that pre-PC age when a family could enjoy an evening together around a table playing a board game. Now we all have to dial each other up .

- Tim
          Official Homepage of the HiRes Graphics Patch for Civ2

Comment

Working...
          X